Nokia to partner with Microsoft
Finnish phone giant Nokia is to team up with Microsoft to bring us the ultimate phone range. Phones will be manufactured by Nokia as usual, but will not be using the old Symbian Operating system it has been using for years. They will in adopt Windows Operating systems, instead of trying their new MeeGo Operating System.
In the World of phones being just used for “making calls” makes no sense. The people want phones to replace their desktop Pc at work, their laptop while on the road and the ability to “make calls”, all from one device. So they will now have Microsoft Windows Mobile OS on their smartphones to enable better functionality than what the Nokia Smartphones with Symbian could give. Symbian will not be totally scrapped. They will keep this OS for the low end phones, so they can still capture all levels of customers ability to get on the mobile ladder.
joined partnership, which hopefully will bring both companies to the top of the mobile industry. 2 of the biggest IT Giants in the World join hands to beat their rivals Apple and Google. We all know that Microsoft have been competing with Google for years for dominance in the search engine sector, but now they want some dominance in the mobile phone market, (“Cell phone” if you are American!)
Microsoft has tried to gain momentum recently again with the Windows 7 Mobile phone but did not get the rev reviews and sales, that was expected. Also, Nokia has fallen off the mobile market against the likes of Apple’s iPhone and Google’s Android based phones from HTC, Samsung, Motorola and LG.
From Nokia website, this is the summary of what the collaboration will bring to the Nokia phones.
“• Nokia will adopt Windows Phone as its primary smartphone strategy, innovating on top of the platform in areas such as imaging, where Nokia is a market leader.
• Nokia will help drive and define the future of Windows Phone. Nokia will contribute its expertise on hardware design, language support, and help bring Windows Phone to a larger range of price points, market segments and geographies.
• Nokia and Microsoft will closely collaborate on development, joint marketing initiatives and a shared development roadmap to align on the future evolution of mobile products.
• Bing will power Nokia’s search services across Nokia devices and services, giving customers access to Bing’s next generation search capabilities. Microsoft adCenter will provide search advertising services on Nokia’s line of devices and services.
• Nokia Maps will be a core part of Microsoft’s mapping services. For example, Maps would be integrated with Microsoft’s Bing search engine and adCenter advertising platform to form a unique local search and advertising experience.
• Nokia’s extensive operator billing agreements will make it easier for consumers to purchase Nokia Windows Phone services in countries where credit-card use is low.
• Microsoft development tools will be used to create applications to run on Nokia Windows Phones, allowing developers to easily leverage the ecosystem’s global reach.
• Microsoft will continue to invest in the development of Windows Phone and cloud services so customers can do more with their phone, across their work and personal lives.
• Nokia’s content and application store will be integrated with Microsoft Marketplace for a more compelling consumer experience.”
What do you think will happen? Will you look forward to this new device????
Created and uploaded by
Niall Mulrine, Pc Clean, Navenny, Ballybofey, Co. Donegal, Ireland
086-2377033 Pc Clean for Computer repairs, Laptop Repairs, Virus repair and removal service, callout services, network issues, printer problems in the Stranorlar, Letterkenny, Donegal Town, Lifford, Castlefinn, Donegal Area. Computer Training, Social network for your business, online marketing,